Sun Lakes Country Club
Login | Register
Contact Us
Photo Gallery
Clubs & Groups
Local Attractions
Lifestyles Magazine
Charity Week
Gate Pass Systems
Governing Documents
Planning & Compliance
Current Projects
Reports & Forms
Board Members
Board Meetings
Spectrum Cable


Main Topics
SLCC Website
Planning & Compliance
Scroll Down to find FAQ's for the listed subjects

1. What is the Sun Lakes Country Club Homeowners Association and what does it do?
The Sun Lakes Country Club Homeowners Association is a corporation that was established to enhance the maintenance and esthetics of the community and is financially supported by all members of Sun Lakes Country Club Homeowners Association. All owners are members and membership is both automatic and mandatory.

2. Who is the Sun Lakes Country Club Homeowners Association management company, what do they do and how do I reach them?
The management company is Associa- Professional Community Management, Inc (Associa-PCM). Associa-PCM is responsible for the day-to-day management of Sun Lakes Country Club Homeowners Association and report directly to the corporation's Board of Directors. Associa-PCM executes the decisions made by the Board of Directors. The executive staff is located in the Administration office.  In addition, PCM’s corporate office is located at:
27051 Town Centre St. Ste 200
Foothill Ranch CA 92610
Phone: 949-768-7261


3. If I am having a problem with a neighbor or a violation of the Policies and Guidelines. What can I do?
Should you observe a violation of the Association’s rules you may report it by completing a “Violation Report” and forward it to the Property Services Department located in the administrative building.  If the situation is deemed in violation of the Association’s Governing Documents, the issue will be addressed using the Association’s violation enforcement process. 

4. Are Board Meetings open to all residents? If so, where and when are they held?
Regular session Board meetings are open to all members. Notice of the time and place of any Board meeting is posted in each clubhouse and on the Association’s website under "Board Meetings".   

5. If I want to serve on a committee, how do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?
A brief synopsis of all Committees and their functions is available on the Association’s website and from the administrative building receptionist along with the Volunteer Interest Form.

6. What is a "management company" and what do they do?
A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.

7. What is my assessment?
The assessment is the monthly amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the first of the month. Statements will be sent for assessments as a courtesy reminder of the amount due.
8. How is the amount of my assessment determined?
Your Board of Directors creates a budget that estimates the anticipated income and expenses for the coming year; and the reserves needed to repair or replace the common property.  The assessment amount assessed is your portion of the annual amount to address these expenses. 
9. Will my assessment go up?
There is no concrete answer to this. The California Civil Code provides for annual increases, but not to exceed 20 percent per year without the vote of the membership. The Board of Directors may approve an increased budget, increasing your assessment up to this percentage in order to cover increased costs of operating and maintaining the common area and sufficient reserve funds.
10. What happens if I don't pay my assessment?
The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Assessments are due on the first of the month and deemed late if not received by the 15th.  Failure to pay the due assessment can lead to late charges, interest, collection costs and liens against your property.  In addition, the CC&R's allows the Association to initiate foreclosure proceedings for nonpayment of assessments.

11. What are the CC&R'S?
The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&R's) are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a nonprofit corporation. CC&R’s, along with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and state statutes constitutes the Association’s Governing Documents.  The CC&R's were recorded by the County recorder's office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the CC&R's may result in a fine, suspension of privileges and/or legal action. 
12. What are the Bylaws?
The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the nonprofit corporation. The Bylaws, along with the CC&R’s, Rules and Regulations and state statutes constitutes the Association’s Governing Documents.  The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership's voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business.
13. What is the Board of Directors?
The Sun Lakes Country Club Homeowners Association is a corporation and therefore a governing body is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the Bylaws. The responsibilities and limitations of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in the Association's governing documents.
14. Are there any other rules?
Yes, there are also established Rules and Regulations.  Rules and Regulations provided for in the CC&R's and adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules and Regulations, along with the Bylaws, CC&R’s and state statutes constitute the Association’s Governing Documents.  Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, and pets, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior improvements to your home. Such changes may include patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in a fine, suspension of privileges and/or legal action. 

In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation.


SLCC Website

Website Administrator
Nicole Solano
(951) 769-6650

Log-in's & Passwords

This website has three (3) "log in" access points which provide different services.

     (1) Member Log in:
  • This is a membership log in the sunlakescc website itself.
  • It gives you access to “members only” sections that are not available to the general public.
  • 1st time registration is required. Upon 1st time registration you will be provided with your initial log in information via email.
  • If you have forgotten your password, in the “log in” section, you can enter your username or email address in the username field and then click on the Forgot Password link. Your information will be emailed to the provided email address.
  • For further assistance, please contact the Website Administrator.
      (2) Gate Pass Request:
  • This is controlled by a gate access control company.
  • You can change, add, or delete people from your guest list and create guest passes.
  • The username is your email address.
  • The password is the security word/code that you chose in you initial registration in the administration office. (use all CAPS)
  • First time users contact Nicole Solano 951-769-6650
      (3) My Account ( located under "Accounting") :
  • This is controlled by Associa-PCM , your corporate HOA management company.
  • Click on the "My Account" link then choose your association
  • 1st time registration is required.
  • If you have forgotten your password; in the “log in” section enter the email address associated with the account and an email will be sent to you with your log in information.
  • For further assistance please contact the Website Administrator.
Please Note:
The "My Account" portion is related to your HOA Account Information only and DOES NOT include you Golf & Restaurant account numbers. At this time your Golf and Restaurant accounts are not accessible online.

Planning & Compliance
 Planning & Compliance Manager
Etanisla Lopez-Ortiz
(951) 769-6647
Q. Do I need to submit a Home Improvement application for exterior changes?
A. Yes. All exterior improvements must receive prior approval from the Master Architectural Committee.  If not sure, contact the Code Enforcement Department. Forms may be found at the Administration Office lobby and on the Sun Lakes website.
Q. How often do I have to paint?
A. Wood Trim every 4 years and Stucco every 16 years

Q. My house paint still looks in good condition.  Can I get an extension?
A. Yes, by contacting the Code Enforcement department and request an inspection.  Upon inspection a 1-year extension may be granted.
Q. Do I need permission to paint?
A. Yes.  You must submit a Home Improvement application to the Architectural Committee with samples from the approved color charts for prior approval.

Q. What if I made an improvement and didn’t get permission?
A. You must submit an After-the-Fact Home Improvement application to the Master Architectural Committee.
Q. Do I need City/County permits?
A. Receiving approval from the Master Architectural Committee does not waive the necessity for an owner to obtain all required building permits.

Q. Can I place storage units/storage sheds on my property?
A. Yes, as long as it is behind a solid wall or fence and is not visible from the street, golf course or common areas.
Q. Do I need a pass to park my own vehicle in my driveway?
A. Yes. All vehicles must be garaged between the hours of midnight and 6am without a valid overnight pass.
Q. Can I park my RV in the Main Clubhouse parking lot?
A. No, the Clubhouse RV parking area is mainly for guests and Condominium residents only.
Q.  Can I rent out a room in my own home?
A. No.  You may not rent or lease less than the entire home.
Q. Do I need a front yard tree?
A. Yes.  Each home is required to have at least 1 tree in their front yards.
Q. Can I walk my dog on the golf course?
A. No. Pets of any kind are prohibited from being on the golf course and practice facilities.
Q. How many pets am I allowed to have and is there a restriction of breed or size.
A. 2 pets per household is a reasonable number, however the Board can determine a reasonable number to be more or less. There is no restriction for breed or size at this time.
Q. How long can my guest visit?
A. A guest under 55 years of age is limited to 60 overnight stays whether consecutive or non-consecutive.  Guest over 55 years of age are exempt from the limitation.
Q. How long can I park my vehicle overnight in my own driveway?
A. Residents may not obtain an overnight pass for more than six (6) calendar days (consecutive or non-consecutive). After the sixth day of a pass use has elapsed, the resident must wait 60 days before another overnight pass can be issued.
Q. How does one report a Situation/Violation/Incident and who should it be addressed to?
A.       - If it is an emergency situation, please call 911.
          - For non - emergency yet somewhat urgent matters please call 
            community patrol 951 854-2163 or during regular administration office
            business hours call Property Service/ Code Enforcement.
           -For non - urgent matters you can fill out a resident request form which
            is made availabe in all clubhouses, the administration office and online.  
           *Turn in your completed form to the Administartion office front desk and
              it will be directed to the appropriate department.

 Assistant to Director of Operations
Ann Renteria
(951) 769-6644

Q: What is the slope schedule for my common area?
The Slope Schedules are available on the website under Maintenance.
Q: When are the pools serviced?

The pools are serviced six days a week Monday through Saturday during the summer months and two days a week during the winter months.

Q: What is the tree removal policy in common areas?
There are three (3) reasons why a tree can be considered for removal from a common area.
  • The tree is diseased
  • The tree is causing property damage
  • The tree is posing a danger
In the event a tree fits into one of these categories, a written recommendation from an Arborist will be obtained and provided to the board indicating the tree in question qualifies to be removed.
Please note that trees will not be removed for obstruction a residents view.
Q: Where do I make requests for Sub- Association Landscape Maintenance to add, remove or maintenance items in my common area?

If you have a Maintenance request, please call Ann Renteria, Assistant to Director of Operations to submit your request. Requests are submitted to your sub association Board and are reviewed for approval during the monthly walk through.
Q: When are the monthly walk throughs and who is allowed to attend?
Walk through Schedule:
  • Fairway Villas 3rd Thursdays of each month 
  • Lakeside 3rd Tuesday of each month
  • Lakeside II 1st Wednesday of each month
  • Any resident of the Sub-Associations is welcome to attend their monthly walk troughs, no more then two board members can attend a walk through at a time.
Q: Who do I report a Street Light out to?
Please call Ann Renteria, Assistant to Director of Operations to report a street light outage.

Q: Mailboxes
If your lock is not working properly, is damaged, and or you have lost your keys, Call the Maintenance Department for service. Please have your mailbox number and location available.
Please note: All items on or pertaining to the golf courses. Including trees and sprinklers should be reported to the Golf Course Maintenance Department at 951-845-0179



Financial Specialist                                     Administrative Assistant
Kelly Lam                                                  Nicole Solano                                  951-769-6659
 Q: How do I pay my HOA assessment?
A: You can pay by Checks, Cashier’s Check or your bank’s online bill pay service.
- Assessment payments must be mailed to P.O. Box 51412 Los Angeles CA, 90051-5712. (The Administration Office does not accept HOA Payments.)
- AutoDebit (ACH): PCM offers you the opportunity to make your assessment payments automatically. This can be done by providing our office with written authorization to transfer funds from your checking or savings account on the fifth day of each month. An Auto Debit Form must be filled out and submitted to the administration office or PCM corporate office: 27051 Town Centre Dr, Ste 200 Foothill Ranch CA 92610. If you have question about this payment system, please call our office at 949-465-2214 or 800 369-7260 and speak with an accounting services representative.

-Online Assessment payments (charge cards and e-checks) are paid through a 3rd party vendor, PayLease. PayLease charges the following fees for this service.

  Online ACH Online Credit Card  Phone ACH (866) 729-5327 Phone Credit Card (866) 729-5327
Convenience Fee $2.95 $2.95 $9.95 $9.95
Service Fee N/A 3.5% N/A $3.0
Total Processing Fee $2.95 $2.95 + 3.5%   $9.95 9.95 + 3%
Q: Can I view my assessment payment history online?
A: Yes, 1st time registration is required. Click on the “My Account” option on the home page, choose your association and follow instructions located in the middle of the page.

Q: Where can a make my Restaurant account payments?
A: In the Administration office. Please See Kelly or Nicole
Q: Can I Purchase a restaurant gift card?
A: Yes, In the Administration office, please See Kelly or Nicole


Main Pro Shop
Note: Sun Lakes Country Club is a Private community all amenities are exclusively for the use of residents and their invited guests.

Q: Where can I find daily course conditions?
- Online: On this home page click on “golf” and click “daily course conditions” to view Championship & Executive golf course info
- By phone:  call the golf shop 951 845-2135 and press #1.

Q: Will both or the south end of the practice range periodically close?
A: Yes.  Due to the size of the south teeing area golf course maintenance may periodically need to close the south end for maintenance.  This would be in the form of the lock on the ball machine and signage that would state teeing area closed.  We would ask that you please stay off the tee when the signs are posted.  It would be a long term goal to extend the tee so that there is more available square footage so we can provide you a better hitting area but for now in order to provide quality turf there may be a need to close it.  On days when the tee is closed the north end will be available.

Q: Can I take a walk on the golf course?
A: No, the golf rules state that walking on the golf courses is prohibited.

Q: Is there a dress code?
A: Yes there is a strictly enforced dress code on the courses. No denim is allowed and collared shirts must be worn and tucked in at all times.

Q: Why is it important to stay off the turf when there is frost?
A: Frost actually kills the crown of the plant if walked on.  This will leave it discolored and repairs will be needed. The golf shop stays in constant communication with Mark Burchfield (greens superintendent) and we provide updates on the website “under daily course conditions.”
Q: Do annual golf members get any additional percent (%) off purchases? 
A: Yes, pricing of merchandise shows a retail and member price on the tag.  Annual members get an additional 15% off the member price not to exceed what the club paid for the product. 
Q: What is Carlos the cart mechanics phone number?
A: 951-255-5742 Cart Barn Hours of Operation - Mon-Fri 8:00-4:00pm

Q: What is the recommended pace of play? (4 and 5-somes)
A: It depends, Executive golf course should take no more than 3 hours and the Championship course should take 4 hours!  Please allow faster players to play through.
Q: Where does my annual golf sticker go?
A:  Outside of the front window just above or next to my cart registration number.

Q: Can I hit anywhere on the practice range?
A:  We would ask that you hit in the designated hitting spots.  We move the tee pretty much daily as well as have a scheduled rotation so we can maximize turf and provide you with the best hitting conditions.  You will notice that after we move the teeing area we sand and seed the area so turf can grow back.

Q: Do I need to check in daily?  Can someone check in on behalf of the group?
A:  One of the golf rules is the need to check in individually.  This allows us to get in get an accurate count of rounds of golf, who is an annual member and who is not, and provides us the ability to move groups around as needed so we have a smooth pace of play.  After 5:00 pm, all players must sign the “after hours” sheet located just outside both golf shops.

Q: Do we really have 17 golf rules here at Sun Lakes?
A:  Yes they are located in your phone book and you can also obtain a copy at either golf shops.   

Q: Can I use my scrip (winnings from golf events) in the bar/restaurant and either golf shops?
A:  Yes the Master Board approved the use of scrip (winning from golf events) in place of cash or member charge for food and beverage purchases.

Q: Can my pet ride with me on the golf course or go to the practice range as long as the pet stays in the cart?
A:  In both cases pets of any kind are prohibited from being on or in golf facilities or golf shops.

Q: If I am not an annual golf member can I pay for golf if I am a resident?
A:  Absolutely, we have added a super twilight rate (after 4:00 pm) and moved regular twilight up an hour to 2:00 pm.  We also have a great weekend special rate of $ 35.00 includes cart for the Championship course.  Feel free to stop in either golf shops and pick up a copy of the 2013 rates.

Q: Can my invited guest play golf without me being present.
A: No. All invited guests must be accompanied by their host (qualifying resident/homeowner) at all times.

Q: How can I find out what golf activities are going on monthly/yearly?
A: You can sign up at the main golf shop and have the yearly golf calendar e-mailed to you and you can also pick up a monthly calendar at either golf shops.


Q.  Where are the Recreation Department offices?
A.  The recreation department is located in the main clubhouse:
Q.  What form of payment does the recreation department accept? 
A.  The recreation department accepts recreation related checks only payable to SLCC
Q. Can a resident have tickets to trips/events held for payment? 

A.  No, each resident must purchase tickets by coming into the recreation department and pay for them at that time.  Tickets for all recreation trips/events are sold on a first come, first served basis.
Q. Can residents purchase tickets on the weekend?
A.  Yes, our main clubhouse reception desk has coverage Saturdays and Sundays
     from 8:00 am -5:00 pm.
Q. How do residents get information about up-coming events/trips?

A. The recreation department advertises in both the Lifestyles Magazine and the Sun Lakes Life, on our in house channel 97, Web Page and flyers posted near the Recreation offices and in the main clubhouse lobby flyer rack.   This information is made available approximately 2 months prior to sale date.
Q. How does a resident reserve a room in one of the clubhouses?
A.  To make a room reservation for one of the meeting rooms, you must belong to a board approve district, club or group.  However; a resident may reserve a room for a private party . 
Q. What are the rules for Garage Sales?

A. Community garage sales are held twice a year (May & October). In each month, the 23 community districts are divided up over three Saturdays. The recreation department will assign each district a garage sale date and advertise the community event in advance. The garage sales are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. After 4:00 p.m., all items that were not sold need to be brought inside. No items can be left outside overnight.
*The community garage sales are not open to the public.